companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Thai Chicken

This is an old recipe for me...way back to our original low carb days. It is funny that sometimes in my quest to find new things for my blog and FB, I neglect our old standards. John didn't even recognize this meal. I did change out thighs for breast meat, but that wasn't it. True, I did change out red pepper for green this time, and actually had some fresh cilantro in the fridge.That makes it way more beautiful! But maybe it had just been too long since I have made this one. What a shame.

In my Diner e-book, this recipe is a Multiply Meal. For you uninitiated, that means it is a recipe for three complete dinners. Make it once, eat that night and freeze two others. With a winter storm bearing down on my door today, through, I wanted to get several meals out of my 5 lb package of chicken breast, so I made just one entree. I will give you that recipe, but it is good enough to make a triple batch...if you like peanuts. I love peanuts. Just so you know, I use Smuckers peanut butter for this.

Just a note on an ingredient. Knorr Cilantro cubes. I keep these on hand for when I don't have fresh cilantro on hand. I know you can freeze fresh herbs and all, but these cubes are handy. Always ready to go in the pantry. They are completely optional, however, and fresh cilantro will be even more flavorful! Here is today's version:

My Thai Chicken

2 lbs boneless chicken breast or thigh, cut into serving size chunks
1 diced bell pepper
1/2 cup thick mild salsa
1/4 cup no sugar peanut butter
3 tbsp lime juice
1 teaspoons ginger
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 Knorr cilantro cube (or 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves)
1 oz  peanuts

Mix salsa, peanut butter, juice and spices. Place chicken in casserole dish and coat with the sauce. Add diced pepper. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and stir the sauce into the cooking juices. Chop peanuts and sprinkle over the top. Garnish with fresh cilantro when serving.

Serves 6 at   4.5 carbs each         186 calories


This is nice and warming. The salsa sees to that. Good thing since we were having "Thunder Sleet" while this was in the oven. Crazy weather. School is now cancelled for tomorrow, but that gave me some extra time to blog. Gotta grab it when I can. 

Ready to order the e-book that gives you all the secrets for multiply meals like this one, plus Triple Play meals (1 protein and 3 different entrees), Freezer Favorites, Crock-It entrees, Muffin Mania, Build It Buffet meals and E.Z. Fix meals? Order here:  http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com



Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Order our books at: 

http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php



No comments: