companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Salsa Beef Bento Lunch


I had a lesson planning session today for the American History class I am teaching next fall. Because we were devoted to making some real progress, we started early and worked through lunch. This is the bento I packed for me. The Salsa Beef is not so pretty, but it sure is tasty. I took it for lunch and left some for the boys I left at home. My middle boy at his like a dip with tortilla chips.

I used frozen Minute Beef. Just heat that up in a skillet. Add cream cheese--about 8 ounces per pound and a half of beef crumbles. Then stir in salsa to taste. I think I use almost a cup. Ours was mild, so I may have added more. That is it.

I ate mine like a spread--putting it on zucchini slices. Also in my bento are green onions, blueberries and cherub tomatoes. All that produce balances out the richness of the cream cheese and beef. This is a meal that is really speedy to put together.

I made the cute little napkin ring from a freebie I found here. I have been into my crafting lately. I need a break from academics! I printed these and mod podged both sides so they will be durable. LOVE the colors.

No comments: