companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Crack Slaw Going Thai.


This is an even quicker version of my Crack Slaw in 5 minutes recipe. It uses Minute Beef (pre-browned ground beef) and prepackaged cole slaw mix. No frying, no cutting vegetables. It's as fast as the microwave and doesn't require an oven. What could be better than that?

This one is more of a method than a recipe, so feel free to add or take away to your heart's desire---and be sure to taste along the way.

Place about 2 to 3 cups of shredded cole slaw mix per person into a skillet. Add a few Tablespoons of coconut oil. Stir fry a bit until it begins to soften. Add a package of thawed Minute Beef. Once that is warm, season this mixture with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, which is similar to soy sauce in flavor, but much better for you. Sprinkle with powdered ginger, garlic powder, a squirt of lime juice, onion powder and a bit of powdered stevia. You can leave it like this, or do what I do. I like a spoonful of red curry paste. Just the right level of heat for me. My brand has red chili pepper, garlic, lemongrass, thai ginger, salt, shallot and kaffir lime. I only used a third of the serving size, so I only added one carb.

My regular crack slaw is highly flavored with sesame oil and jalapeno. This has a different flavor. Quick, filling and really flavorful!

2 comments:

Kahri said...

copying this one down. :-)

Anonymous said...

was wondering what the carb count on this dish???