companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hurry Up Grilling--Kabobs


Sorry I have been a bit MIA lately. This is such a busy time for me--prom, birthdays, graduations, classes, gardening. Yikes. It will slow down soon into the summer doldrums.

Today I am sharing a recipe we ate a few days ago, but I never had time to blog. I realize after looking at the last post, it might appear that we always eat grilled chicken and tomatoes. Interesting. We have been grilling out more with the nice weather, and my hubby's new grill, but we do have more variety than that. Sometimes it is hard to come up with something I haven't already covered.

The highlight of this blog is not the chicken, but the tomatoes. For something so simple, these are great. I simply cut Roma tomatoes and threaded them on skewers. Then I sprinkled them with True Lime seasoning. Amazingly good. The crystallized lime has a stronger bite than regular lime juice. Plus, it is always available in the cupboard, unlike those limes that may get yucky in the back of the veggie bin. I buy mine at the local health food store. The True Lime comes in little packages like sweetener. It is awesome sprinkled on fish, veggies or chicken for fajitas. I also like a packet in my water bottle. True Orange is good too, especially in dressings. True Lemon is next on my list to try.

Try a free sample here.


You can't get a quicker grill meal than this.

Now off to do more prep day cooking. Life won't be slowing down this week, as my college boys come home and we will have company for the graduation. Happy May!

No comments: