companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Embarrassingly Easy BBQ Beef


So easy I blush. Surely this is too simple to blog about, but it is what we had for dinner tonight, so....this is it. Embarrassing, I know.

Crock pot meals tend to be a bit on the simple side. True comfort food. This qualifies on both. All I did today was add a package of beef medallions--that's what the guys at the meat sale call them. They are more like odd sized chunks of, say, stew meat. Great for slow cooking. At $1.50 a pound, we find several ways to eat them. Today, I just poured some of the KC Masterpiece Classic Blend sauce over the top. I do realize there has been a lot of talk about this sauce being discontinued, but the grocery store down the street from me still stocks it. I don't get it, but I am not complaining. I have stocked up just in case my little corner of the planet has the last remaining store of this wonderful stuff. Why is all the diet/diabetic stuff disappearing lately? It's not like America is suddenly skinny.

Today, I cooked this on high for 4 hours. The meat was tender enough to cut with a fork. Since the sauce tends to get a bit lost with the meat juices, I poured a bit more on top after I served it. Good Stuff. The leftovers are great to shred and serve in lettuce rolls with onion and pickle.

I was in the mood for brussel sprouts tonight, so we all had a different side dish. That's not so bad when the entree is so easy. I sure don't make a habit of that though!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I contacted the company directly, and the reply was indeed that it was discontinued so make sure you have plenty...I've looked everywhere around here with no such luck! BBQ sounds yum.

Lisa Marshall said...

That is too bad indeed. I like it better than my home made recipe, and it is lots less work.

lindaharper said...

We couldn't get it any more either but I have learned to modify a canning recipe and can my own without sugar, so that may be your next step!

Lisa Marshall said...

Linda,

Maybe you will share your recipe? I have tried the home made versions, but something is always lacking. The only one I really love is my chipotle sauce, but hubby doesn't care for that one. I do have a pressure cooker, so I could can large batches if that is what your recipe calls for.