companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sausage Roll


Think of the roll as a verb, not a noun. The roll is actually an egg wrapper, made with a beaten egg. It is easy. Just stick a sheet of plastic wrap on a saucer. Beat an egg and pour 1/3 onto the plastic wrap. Microwave that egg for about 30-45 seconds, or until it is set. Let it cool just a bit, then peel it off the plastic wrap. You can then use it to keep a sausage link nice and toasty. Ooops, there goes that darned bread reference again. Then just cook the next two wraps on the same plastic covered sheet.

The Japanese way of making egg wraps uses some soy sauce to flavor the egg. I think it would be just as fun to add some maple flavoring and a bit of sweetener to make these. I might try that next time.

I had some extra time to play around in the kitchen this morning. All my classes were canceled because we seem to have the plague running through our high school classes. Every student but one, mine included, got sick after attending last week's Valentine Party. We are all better now, but my boy was one of the first to succumb. The rest of them are still suffering.

The rest of the afternoon is devoted to packing some snacks and goodies for our trip to visit my college boys for Family Weekend. That will be fun.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Genius! I can't wait to try them! I will have to look for the syrup flavorings. I could easily see this being a new breakfast fav!

Thanks for sharing it!