companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, October 5, 2009

Spaghetti Squash and Lisa's Sweet Sauce


I was home enjoying the cool fall air this afternoon, and baking a spaghetti squash in the oven. I made a quick batch of Lisa's Sweet Sauce, using sausage rather than the usual ground beef. Since there are only three of us, I halved the recipe. Nice easy supper--once you know how to prep a spaghetti squash. I just bake mine whole, then cut it after it is soft. Much easier than trying to cut a tough, whole squash. If you want the recipe, it is in the e-book in the Freezer Favorites section.

Since that was so easy, I experimented with the marshmallows for the smores. Those did not turn out so well. I think I beat my egg whites too much. I ended up with a gloppy mess. The taste is okay, but the appearance was awful. I then tried to see what heating would do. It did take away the roughness, but I ended up with a line of gelatin at the bottom of the pan. I will run to the store for some more ingredients and give these another go. When at first you don't succeed...

No comments: