companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

Bobby-Q Pork


I spent some time planting tomatoes today, so I am happy that the pork for dinner was already slow cooked and waiting in the freezer for me. I haven't been able to find my favorite KC Masterpiece Classic Barbecue sauce lately, so I made my own.

Trouble is, I am a bit of a taste as you go cook. I hope these measurements are pretty close. Feel free to add and take away to suit your own tastes.

Lisa's Last Minute Barbecue Sauce

15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/8 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup Splenda or equivalent sweetener
2 Tablespoons of liquid smoke
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Barbecue seasoning (has salt)
optional, because it is hard to find, 1/2 teaspoon Burnt Sugar flavoring

Mix all ingredients together and simmer for 10 minutes or longer.


We like a sweet sauce, so reduce the sweetener if you don't prefer the sweetness. I would add some hot pepper sauce if my hubby liked it...I know I would! I served this tonight on Oopsie Rolls with Nana's Coleslaw with a Kick, pickles and onions. That is Oklahoma Barbecue at its best.

No comments: